Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pray

Today Addi had a scheduled doctor's visit, and it quickly turned into an emergency situation. Darrell took her down to the lab for bloodwork, like usual, and things quickly changed. When they tried to get the blood for the second time Addi got really upset. She started getting sick and then began to turn blue and her body temperature dropped. They quickly took her to the ER and started CPR and administering meds to figure out what was going on. They did an echo and discovered that she had quite a bit of fluid around her heart. They drained that and she was put on an ECHMO (spelling?) machine to help her heart pump.

As of now, we are waiting to see what happens or how her body responds with the hope of ultimately trying to get her off the machine. The doctor's are waiting to see how other organs in her body are functioning.

The good news is, she woke up and looked around at one point and moved her arms and kicked her legs. We were told that this is a good sign regarding her brain!!

Darrell and I are so blessed to be surrounded by people who love and care about us. Our family and friends filled up one of the waiting rooms. The texts and emails mean the world. Please, please, please continue to pray for our precious Addi! She is a fighter and we are so proud of her.

9 comments:

  1. Lifting little Addi up in prayer Susie. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big prayers for lil Addi! I think of y'all often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying hard for you guys! ...Travis & Cari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Susie! Praying, praying, praying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for Addie and your family! let us know if y'all need anything! Thomas and Keleigh Warnke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry. We are all praying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always turned to this verse for comfort while Trace was in the hospital, because I knew with Gods help all would be better. Matthew 18:19 Again I tell you that if two of you agree on earth about anything you ask, it shall be done for you by my father. We will continue to pray for Addie and your family. Huge hugs sent your way. Summer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete