Tuesday, March 27, 2012

No More Breathing Tube

Today's plan was to get Addi off of sedation and get the breathing tube out. They took her breathing tube out about an hour ago and she looks BEAUTIFUL!! We went up to check on her and I snapped a quick picture. I didn't want to wake her up because she looks so peaceful!

The doctors did make her inactive on the transplant list today. They want to make sure by watching her interact with people that her brain function is fine. They said they want to see if she still can do appropriate things with all of the medicine and sedation out of her system. They don't seem to be concerned about it at all, especially with the CT looking like it did.

Addi is making progress every day and it's all because of God. We are still in awe of how far she has come and are so excited about her getting a new heart...the sooner the better!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! I hope they let you hold her now that it is out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan and I pray for Addi many times a day, We are inspired by your faith and we celebrate with you the healing grace of God.

    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, she is so BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete