Friday, April 20, 2012

One Year

One year ago today, our precious son went to Heaven.  It is crazy how time works....it seems like just yesterday that everything happened, but it seems like Cade has been gone forever.  I thank God every day for giving him to us and all of the memories that we cherish.  Children bring so much joy to our lives and I am so blessed that we are still able to smile about ALL of the joy that he brought to ours.

I miss so many things about my sweet boy.  I miss his little hands and how he would touch my face at night before I kissed him goodnight.  I miss hearing those sweet four words coming from his lips, "I love you Mom."  I miss hearing him and Darrell wrestling on our bed and his silly laugh saying, "I got you Dad."  I miss watching him with his sister and how he would just look at her with so much love in his eyes.  I miss him saying, "Mom, can we go look at the cars for just one minute?" EVERY time we went to Target.  I miss our jam sessions in the car and him talking trash about how his daddy can't jam.  I miss our story time at night and how he would say "the end" as we finished up our book.  I miss the noise in our house of monster trucks rolling across the floor, towers tumbling to the ground, and sword fights with his friends.  Most of all I simply miss HIM and just knowing that he is here.

There are also so many things that I love.  I love that if he can't be here, he is in the most amazing place with the person who loves him most in the world.  I love that he is absolutely perfect and never has to worry, fear, or hurt.  I love that he knew Jesus before he even got to Heaven and that he got to meet Moses (he sure did talk about him a lot when he was here).  I love that for his first anniversary being in Heaven, that he got the best gift a big brother could ask for...his little sister being with him!  I love that he knows how much he is loved by so many people and that his Mommy and Daddy love him right up to the moon and back!

Today is a bitter sweet day.  We miss Cade more than anything, but how happy we are knowing that he is with his Lord and Savior having more fun than we can possibly imagine! 


6 comments:

  1. You are such an amazing mom. We can all learn a lot from you. I can only imagine the excitment you feel waiting to be able to see your two precious angels again. Thank God for that promise!
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, I can't imagine your heart ache!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a blessing. Praying for you and Darrell and the family on this day. May God continue to hold you in His arms on this day and every day going forward. All my love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You both hav been in my thoughts and prayers daily, but especially today. Wat a great birthday Cade is having today! You hav inspired many and will continue with your testimony and witness. Cade moved to the greatest place imaginable and is living more today than ever, but I know you already know that. I will continue to pray for you and Darrell and the strength to face everyday with a smile, knowing you will see Cade and Adi again!

    BECAUSE HE LIVES, WE CAN FACE TOMORROW, BECAUSE HE LIVES ALL FEAR IS GONE, BECAUSE I KNOW HE HOLDS THE FUTURE, AND LIFE IS WORTH THE LIVING JUST BECAUSE HE LIVES!
    Love and prayers, Krysti Long

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lucky Cade was to have such a special Mommy and Daddy! God chose you specifically for both of them. They could not possibly have been loved better by anyone else. To the moon and back!
    corey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even know you; but my daughter has passed your blogs to me and I have so deeply enjoyed the special privilege and true blessing to witness such a faith and heart that GOD has wonderfully given to you...what a gift you possess!

    Your attitude alone brightens the 'readers' day as you proclaim the GREATEST NEWS in the midst of your own heartbreak! It is obvious that you KNOW WHOM you have believed and that HE is on The Throne of your life by your very word, you ALWAYS EXALT THE SAVIOR...JESUS CHRIST!

    Aren't you thankful that in the brief time you were blessed with your two children that you and Darrell used the time given wisely...teaching your children at their young ages about JESUS and HIS HOLY WORD!

    As it is written, 'Suffer not the little children to come unto ME.' It is the awesome work of The HOLY SPIRIT that opens their heart to understand the simple TRUTH to believe and receive so GREAT a SALVATION!

    You are truly a delight....as your 'Light' so shines!

    GOD IS USING YOU/DARRELL unto HIS HONOR GLORY as you point others to JESUS AND HIS ETERNAL HEAVENLY KINGDOM; by the word of your testimony.

    Thank you for sharing....I love hearing your heart!

    May GOD multiply the readers to hear and desire such a faith and relationship with The only TRUE GOD AND SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST...
    That many will be added to HIS GLORIOUS KINGDOM!

    May your/Darrell's heart and spirit be strengthened and anchored no matter what befall's you...cling only unto HIM; HE WILL SEE YOU THROUGH!

    P.S.

    YOUR CHILDREN WERE BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete