Sunday, January 8, 2012

Thanksgiving

***So, I just realized that I never "published" this post after I wrote it!  Here it is now written right after Thanksgiving...I'm losing my mind!!

Well, this Thanksgiving was a HUGE first for our family to get through.  This year when I sit back and think about all of the things I am thankful for, it truly amazes me how wonderful our family and friends are.

I am thankful for a loving God who loves no matter what.  A God who wraps his arms around us to give us the strength and comfort we need. 

I am thankful for a wonderful husband who continues to be my rock.  I'm so thankful that God brought us together to do life with. 

I am SO thankful for the four and a half years that God gave us with Cade.  Our little man brought us so much happiness and a lot of who I am is because of him.  I think about him everyday (all of the time) and think about how special he was and how much joy he brought me!  Caderader I love you right up to the moon and back!

I am SO thankful for our precious Addi.  Her personality is truly starting to shine and she makes me smile on a regular basis.  She enjoys life and loves to laugh and be silly.  She has taught me how to live in the moment.

I am thankful for my family and friends.  The past seven months have been the hardest of our lives and because of them each day is a little easier to get through.  All of you have been so supportive and comforting to both Darrell and myself.

I am thankful that we live in Houston and are so close to Texas Children's Hospital where some of the best pediatric cardiologists in the world work.  I am thankful that they love Addi and will do anything to fix her heart.  They make Darrell and I feel comfortable and make our visits easy.

Our family has a long road ahead of us, but we have a strong faith and we believe that God is going to take care of us!  Addi is a strong little girl and we look forward to her having a new strong heart!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Shawn and I talk, think and pray for y'all often. May God continue to wrap His arms around your sweet family.

    Lots of love,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete