I'm not going to lie, this is a day that I was not looking forward to this year. I thought that last year would have been the hardest Mother's Day, but this year has that one beat. I have never celebrated a Mother's Day with both of my children, and this is the first Mother's Day without either of them. It is definitely difficult not having my two precious kids here with me and I've definitely shed quite a few tears about it...and then I realized that the tears aren't because of Mother's Day, it's simply because they are NOT here at all. But there are many times when I think of Cade and Addi and I will smile and laugh. The memories I have of them mean everything. How blessed I am to have had them for the time that I did, and I absolutely would not trade that for the world!
A big part of who I am today is because of Cade and Addi. My life was forever changed the day that both of them came into my life. The love a child brings to their parents can't be described or explained. We still share that love, and even though we are in two different places...that love is constant and will never change. Whether I am with them or not, I am always their mom, and that makes me a pretty happy mommy....
EVERY DAY and not just on Mother's Day!
 |
| Me and Caderader August 20, 2006 |
 |
| Me and Cade May 24, 2010 |
 |
| Me and Addibelle May 26, 2010 |
 |
| Me and Addi January 20, 2012 |
With God, my Lord and Savior, and the love and support from my family and friends, each day gets a little easier. God carries me through and I am going to honor Him by being the person He created me to be.
Love those pictures. You are an AMAZING mama! Big hugs to you today and every day.
ReplyDeleteYou are so right, you will always be their mom : o )
ReplyDeleteI have been following your blog for awhile now, and I just have to tell you how incredibly strong & faithful you are. I can't imagine how much sadness you must feel without being able to hold your sweet babies in your arms. I'm a mommy to a 15month old boy, Mason. By reading your blog & sharing your story, I believe you are reminding all mommies & daddies to appreciate every day & minute we get to share with our babies (the good & the bad). I'm praying for you, your husband & families; that each day might get a little easier & that you might find some peace & comfort knowing that your little boy & girl are with Jesus. Xoxo
ReplyDeleteA beautiful post Susie, love the pictures and your message is uplifting. I think about you lots and you're constantly in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteAngel babies have mommies, too.
ReplyDeleteYou have been on my mind yesterday and today. Your comment about still being their mom is exactly true and that's what crossed my mind yesterday while thinking of you. May the Lord continue to lift you up, each and every day. Praying for you, Jessica
ReplyDeleteYou are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I love your declaration!
ReplyDelete