Saturday, May 26, 2012

Happy Birthday Addi

Two years ago today, at 1:01 p.m. Darrell and I were blessed with our beautiful baby girl.  What immediate joy she brought us!  She was born screaming and didn't stop for about 30 minutes.  I remember Darrell looking at me saying, "Oh man!  I hope this isn't a sign for is what to come."  She was the sweetest, easiest baby.  We had to wake her up to feed her.  The first night, the nurse brought her in for me to feed her, and she said that she was such a "good" baby and they had to wake her up to bring her to me.  When we got home, it was the same!

Precious-One day old

So tired!

First day at church
It's amazing to me how two kids who come from the same parents can be so different.  Both Cade and Addi were both very content and happy babies.  Both of them loved to cuddle and be with their mommy and daddy.  Cade continued to have such a kind, easy going nature about him.  Addi, on the other hand was different.  She was still sweet, but she had more of a feisty way about her.  As she got older, she definitely had a way of letting us know if she wanted something or if something wasn't going her way.  She had a strong and sassy personality.  For example, there was a little boy that went to Ashley's with her that she did not really get along with.  He may not have even been doing anything to her, but she was going to let him know who was boss (as a mom of a little girl, this made me smile...I didn't want her to put up with any stinky boys).  She was quite the little princess!

One of my ALL time favorite pictures.  This is just one example of how much he loved his sister!
The past ten months Addi had grown up a lot.  I can honestly say that she looks nothing like she did when she was a baby.  I look back at her pictures, and it is crazy how different she looks.  Her appearance had changed so much.  It seems like all of a sudden she got so tall and turned into such a little girl.  One of the nights that we were at the hospital with her, she was laying in the bed and Darrell and I both commented on how "big" she looked.  She was quickly leaving the baby phase and turning into a precious little girl.

6 months playing in the exersaucer

6 months posing for a picture
Watching her grow and learn new things was wonderful!  She loved to tease you and play hard to get.  One of my favorite things was watching her dance.  Oh how she LOVED to dance!  The older she got, the more of a girly girl she became.  She was a girl who LOVED accessories.  Each morning when I got her up she would ask for her bow and her shoes and neither of them came off until it was time for her bath.  The girl also LOVED bracelets and purses, anything she could carry on her wrist...and the more of them, the better.

First Birthday--Seriously...how cute is she!

Stylin in the pool
Today we will be celebrating her second birthday without her.  It is an emotional day for me for so many reasons.  Because we were waiting on Addi's new heart, I had purchased some things early for her birthday just in case we would have been celebrating in the hospital.  We were going to have an Olivia (the pig) party, as Olivia was one of her favorites.  Both her Olivia tutu and Olivia "2" shirt are sitting in her closet and will not be worn.

Pre-Surgery picture
Post-Surgery

21 Months--Again SO cute, look how she's resting her hands

2nd Birthday outfit
For her birthday this year, we will be sending her pink balloons to Heaven!

We miss our sweet girl more than anything.  I miss seeing her come around the corner in our house with Mr. G in her hand (hanging from his tail) and her hair all in her face.  I miss her sweet voice and the innocent laugh that made me smile so big.  I know that she is having the best party of all in Heaven!  Happy 2nd birthday sweet girl...Mommy and Daddy love you right up to the moon and back!

5 comments:

  1. I hope that she is having the best time in heaven right now. I pray that God continues to give you strength to carry on without your babies until you see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a beautiful family. Praying for you..especially today. Happy Birthday sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continuing to think and pray for y'all. What a precious little girl! And I can relate with you on the feisty part...mine is as well! Thank you for sharing your sweet memories with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing these precious memories with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW....I can't imagine how you must feel. I've cried right along with every word & photo.....she is such a BEAUTIFUL little girl. You are a testimony of God's faith & serenity. You are so much stronger than I will ever be. My heart goes out to you & your family, I can't imagine living one day without any of my 3 boys....you will have a special place in heaven; right by those 2 precious children that God decided were too good for this world. Those children were so fortunate to have you as a mother.....:)

    ReplyDelete