I absolutely love teaching. I have been so blessed to be a part of so many kids' lives over the past nine years (by the way, where did the time go...I can't believe I have been teaching for nine years). The past two years my students and parents have been through a lot more than they had planned on. At the beginning of this school year, I sent a letter home to all of my parents letting them know about Addi's condition. I also had a conversation with each of my three classes letting them know that Addi was going to need a new heart and that we were hoping that one would come some time this year. Everyone has been so loving and supportive along the way. I have received TONS of drawings, cards, and notes from my students, and such uplifting cards and letters from my parents. Several of them also came and visited us at the hospital during our different stays. It is truly AMAZING how much love my students and parents have shown my family!
Being a teacher has touched my life in so many different ways. I love being a part of community that cares so much about what is best for children. I have met some pretty amazing people and have developed some pretty amazing friendships. Thank you so much to ALL of my students and parents!
 |
| My Homeroom Class at Field Day |
 |
| All Three of my Classes at Field Day |
No comments:
Post a Comment