I think that today is one of my favorite days of the year. It's a time to truly reflect on your life and appreciate all that God has given you. This time of year is always emotional for Darrell and me because of the time spent with family. It's tough not having Cade and Addi here for all of the obvious reasons. But our God is an amazing God and we are forever thankful that we had both of them for the time that we did, even if it wasn't for that long! Both of them brought so much joy to our lives and we are truly blessed to have had that time with them. So many times we get asked how we do it...get through life after losing both of our children. The one and only answer is God! He is the one constant who never changes, no matter what. Because of Him we are able to get up every day and live life the way he intended us to live it! We know that He is in control and He has special plans for us. We trust him and lean on Him to guide us!
This year I am thankful for a pretty amazing husband. He knows just what I need and when I need it. He has a special way of making me laugh (which lately takes it all out of me...if I get to laughing too hard I can't breathe). He continues to grow in his faith and I love witnessing that. We started leading a small group with our church in September and watching him lead has been so awesome! I'm so glad I have him and LOVE that our love grows every day!
I am thankful for children. Being a parent is something that I have always dreamed about since I was a little girl. It wasn't until Cade was born that I truly experienced the kind of love that only children can provide. Who else do you love before you've even met them. Words can't even describe how much joy and happiness that Cade and Addi brought us. And now we wait with excitement for two more children to join our family and make it complete. Darrell and I are SO anxious to meet Easton and Emerson!
I am also thankful for our families. We are so lucky to have families who we are so close to and can count on for anything. No matter what, they are always there and will do anything for us.
And I'm also thankful, right this moment, for extra large clothing to cover my extra large belly. Don't get me wrong, I have always been a lover of a good pair of sweats, but now, more so than ever, they make me REALLY happy! It's the little things, right?!?!
We hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Our Mississippi Home
6 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment