Friday, December 31, 2010

As 2010 Comes to an End....

It is truly amazing how fast time goes by.  It's hard to believe that another year has come and gone.  This year has been wonderful for our family, especially with a new addition that joined us in May.  We are looking forward to another great year with many new exciting things to come.  Cade will start kindergarten next year (oh my gosh--talk about an emotional day that will be), Addi will turn one, and Darrell and I will celebrate our 7th anniversary.

I wanted to share some pictures of Thanksgiving and Christmas before the new year starts.  We celebrated both holidays with both sets of parents.  We are lucky enough to have both of them close to us, so we can celebrate with each of them every year.

Thanksgiving 




Cade helping get the potatoes ready!

I love this picture of Addi and her PaCade!!

Christmas


How cute is this!

Addi with her Uncle Mike (too sweet!)

The boys during a friendly game of "Don't Break the Ice"

Me, Aunt Brandi, and a worn out Addi

Addi with one of her new hats and PawPaw (nice face)
We had a great Christmas this year, as it is every year.  Cade really got into the Christmas spirit with our elf, Russell.  He was sad to learn that Russell would be leaving on Christmas Eve and not returning until next year.  On Christmas Eve he opened his gifts, and then, of course, had to help everyone else open theirs.  He especially enjoyed opening Addi's.  They both got a ton of stuff and enjoyed every minute. 

Cade got a scooter thing (I don't know the official name) that he absolutely loves and rides all the time and he also got a new bike with NO training wheels.  We've been working with him on how to ride it and I don't think it will take too long before he is gone.  He's ridden it a little with no help, but he's getting closer!!  (I have to admit that it was a little emotional for me--I can't believe he's old enough to ride a bike by himself).

Cade on the scooter (there are even bars that make it bigger, so we can ride...super fun!)

Darrell starting to help Cade


Cade riding a little on his own!!

So, like I said before we have been truly blessed this year.  We are surrounded by family and friends who we love so much and are looking forward to another great year in 2011!!  Happy New Year!