I've been wanting to learn how to make those "cookie bouquet" type cookies forever now. My great friend Lindsey made them all the time when she was still here (she is quite the baker these days!!), and I just love them! We had planned on getting together before she left so she could show me how to make them, but time slipped away from us. The next best thing was to email her for the recipe and attempt to do it on my own. She kindly sent me the recipes along with a few tips. I have to admit that I was a little nervous about the project because I had heard from several people that it was quite a time consuming project. But I was determined, so I did it last night.
First, I got out all of the ingredients I needed, as well as my handy dandy new mixer that my parents got me for Christmas. Then I went to work.
I think the clean up was the hardest part.
 |
| The mess...flour was everywhere! |
I do need some work with making colors and using a steady hand when I'm "piping" (a new term I learned). And...I didn't have any cookie cutters either (I wanted to see if I enjoyed making the cookies before I invested in some cookie cutters). But, practice makes perfect. I loved making them and I have to say, it might be a new addiction.
 |
| Cookies before decorating |
 |
| The finished cookies!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment