It's hard to believe that a year has already passed since our precious little girl went to be with our Lord. Time is a funny thing, the year has gone by quickly, but it seems like she has been gone forever. This past week has been an emotional one. I miss Addi more than I can explain. I look at pictures and watch videos and take in those moments as if they happened yesterday! I miss waking her up in the morning and her telling me "Bow, shoes, teeth!" I miss her spilling her goldfish and saying, "Uh oh, uh mess!" I miss her prancing around EVERYWHERE with Mr. G. I miss her coming around the corner with every single headband hanging from her arm. I miss rocking in the chair in the living room with her. I miss her sleeping with Darrell on that same chair when she didn't feel good. So many things I miss...this list goes on forever. What a beautiful, strong little girl we had! We miss her every day, and we are so glad that God gave her to us...even if it was for such a short amount of time!
 |
| Check Up Doctor Appointment |
 |
| Watching a movie with Mr. G |
 |
| Playing on the dishwasher |
 |
| Hanging out at Ashley's |
 |
| Being silly |
 |
| Loves to have stuff hanging from her arms |
 |
| Playing with her baby |
 |
| Sweet Girl! |
If I'm honest, this week was actually more difficult than I thought it would be. Darrell and I just spent our first year without either of our children, and what an adjustment that has been. It is quiet in our house and all routine and structure that once existed is no longer there. It's funny how when you have kids, it's all about a routine. Now if we eat at 9:00, we eat at 9:00...no big deal (that would have never happened with the kids here)! I also find myself looking at the pictures on our walls and dealing with that they are no longer being changed out with new ones. With all of that said, Darrell and I are happy and continue to LOVE each other, probably even more than we ever have! Emotional moments come and go and I'm pretty certain they always will...we love our kids and miss them dearly. We have a strong faith and know that God provides us with the strength we need and we know that He has plans for us! We are surrounded by wonderful people who continue to pray for us and love us and care for us!
Thank you for sharing your heartfelt thoughts and a 'sorrow' that remains even though your faith is the greatest of comfort knowing your dear children are with The LORD. There's no other comfort aside from that truth.
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing wrong with 'remembering' and missing the lives of your little ones.
Isn't it a wonderful thing that GOD understands your sorrow and JESUS is acquainted with your grief...no greater help, comfort, and understanding than that of our Dear and Precious HEAVENLY FATHER!
Your posts are special as you are candid with thoughts and feelings and your love and faith to help you endure to the end. GOD SO LOVES
YOU/DARRELL! "GOD gives HIS angels charge over things concerning you."