This year is by far, the most difficult and most emotional Christmas we've ever had. I would be lying if I said that I was SO excited for Christmas this year. The extreme opposite is true. I am ready, and have been for the last several weeks, for this season to be over. Many, many, many tears have been shed. I LOVE Christmas and everything it stands for, but I wish we could have skipped it this year. God has blessed us with an amazing family and together we will celebrate Christmas with Cade and Addi close to our hearts.
 |
| Christmas 2010 |
 |
| Absolutely LOVE this picture of Cade and Addi! |
Our Christmas is different this year, and not in a way that we would like it to be. This year Darrell and I will wake up to silence. Cade will not be running through our door with excitment ready to see what Santa has brought him. We will not hear sweet Addi through the monitor letting us know that she is ready to get up. Instead, we will wake up and remember the few Christmases that we DID have with our precious children. We had three with only Cade, one with only Addi, and only ONE with both of them here. I've said it a million times that our children brought so much joy to our lives. That's what we'll be smiling about this year! How can we not smile when we think of the two of them spending Christmas together again, and in Heaven! They will never spend another Christmas apart!
 |
| Christmas at the cemetery |
When I think about the story of Christmas and all that Jesus has done for us, my heart swells with emotion. The amount of love that he has for us is overwhelming to think about. Because of him we are loved, forgiven, and saved! He is the one who we look to in our time of joy, sadness, and need....and he is ALWAYS there. It is truly because of him that Darrell and I continue to live our lives in a way that honors him and brings him glory. We hope that you have a wonderful Christmas and blessed New Year!
What a beautiful Christmas card. Cherish those special memories and know that the best gift your children ever received was having you for a mom.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card & a very awesome way to move on but not leave them behind. Really feel blessed to read your story & "see" Gods plans for you unfold
ReplyDeleteI can ONLY imagine the very heartache you are expressing as it is heartbreaking to witness!
ReplyDeleteThank you for such truthfulness and sharing of The LORD'S COMFORT, STRENGTH, AND GRACE to meet you right where you're at as HE gives you the very thing that's needed to continue your journey that HE has planned for you before you were even born.
I am so thankful that by HIS very MERCY, you continue to hold onto HIS SOVEREIGNTY by TRUSTING HIM EVERY STEP OF THE WAY, WHETHER YOU UNDERSTAND IT OR NOT....you and Darrell truly live such FAITH.
May the COMFORT of HIS HOLY SPIRIT fill your very soul and impart to you such HOPE to endure.
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and Darrell...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I loved all the pictures! What treasures!